Mercury Safe Dentistry
Mercury Free and BPA (Bisphenol A) Free Materials
At Dentistry at Vitality Health we recognize the impact of toxic materials on one's health. Your health is very important to us and that is why we use metal free and BPA free materials in each of the treatments that we perform. We do not use any mercury/silver fillings also know as amalgam fillings. Most people including some dentists aren't aware that these fillings are composed of 50% mercury, one of the most toxic substances on earth. The World Health Organization has deemed metal dental fillings put more mercury in the body than all other sources combined.
Mercury/Silver Amalgam Removal
That's why remove mercury/silver/metalic amalgams with safe protocals specified and recommended by the International Academy of Oral Medicine and Toxicology (IAOMT).
The treatment protocol includes the following:
- Using a highly efficient suction system to quickly remove amalgam particles and mercury vapour.
- Using a non-latex rubber dam to isolate the teeth from the rest of the mouth to prevent the ingestion of particles.
- Cutting and removing the amalgam material in large chucks (under water) to minimize the production of mercury vapour.
- Applying a high volume water spray to minimize heat generation and subsequent mercury vapour.
- Utilizing a fresh air source (that is mercury free).
- Trap the mercury particles and safely dispose of them under a hazardous waste protocol in order to protect the environment.